Estimated Time to Read: 3 minutes
If you are people’s person and have always loved the idea of making a positive impact on other people’s lives, then social skills or etiquette training is definitely a good bet for you. This is a booming industry that has immense potential and offers great career choices. As a social skills trainer, you get to teach individuals or groups good manners, and how to behave in specific social settings. Your audience group can range from young kids to teenagers, or even adults who are employed or run their own enterprises. The first step to get your career started in social skills training is by getting yourself certified as one, and in the age of the internet-of-things, the obvious choice is online social skills training and certification programs.
Why you need to get a certification online
Being a certified social skills trainer adds to your credibility, and helps you get your career kick started with ease. So, whether you are a school teacher, a stay-at-home mom, or a soon-to-be entrepreneur, these certification programs give you all the requisite training and know-how to be a successful coach. Enrolling for such a course online has multiple benefits.
- Your classroom is virtual – unlike regular classroom programs, online ones give you the benefit of attending virtual classes which can be taken from the comfort and privacy of your home or office.
- Geographical boundaries do not pose limits to you – no matter which part of the world you are in, you can attend these classes with the help of a PC, laptop, or tablet.
- You set your own pace of study – most online programs are created to let you study at your own pace. This helps you move forward online when you want to, and when you are thorough with your learning.
- You get to study on the go – Unlike physical classroom settings, online courses are available around the clock, and you can access them anytime you want. Also, you will not have to worry about missing classes if you happen to travel or move out of station for a while.
- You never lose your course material – in online certification courses, your course material is available for download through specific links, or can be accessed with the help of secure logins. This means that they are safe and are accessible at the time you want, as long as you have a laptop or mobile phone, and good internet connectivity.
Different types of Social Skills Training Certifications
Social skill training certification programs are essentially those that train the trainer. There are different courses for different age groups, and for audience of different backgrounds. These could be kids, teens, or adults, depending on the program you have chosen. Some of the most popular training programs are as follows:
- Etiquette training for kids and young children – such programs are ideal if you are a parent or teacher, and are looking to teach essential social skills and manners to tiny tots. These include table manners, appropriate dressing, addressing peers and elders, polite behavior, hygiene, etc.
- Social skills training for teenagers – yet another age group that benefits from this kind of training is teenagers. These young adults, as they move through a tumultuous phase of change in life, turn more confident and amicable when taught about emotional values and qualities, pleasing behavior, sharing responsibilities, working in a group, being safe and responsible online, and so on.
- Life skill training for adults – like children and teenagers, adults too benefit from social skills training (http://specialed.about.com/od/characterbuilding/tp/socialskillshub.htm). They can be trained on basic essentials in life like budgeting and keeping track of expenses, reading and signing leases, cleaning a home and conducting basic repairs, cooking and healthy eating, proper care of clothing, and so on.
- Other courses that are popular include training for impactful communication, business etiquettes, social etiquettes in organizational setting, and so on.
The industry for social skill training is booming, and getting yourself certified as a trainer in this domain presents an interesting career opportunity that has the power to positively impact the lives of many people.